Monday, March 29, 2010

Tai's Asian Bistro - Lane Avenue Columbus, Ohio

On Saturday (3/27/2010) I dined at Tai's Asian Bistro on Lane Ave. Columbus, Ohio and I felt it was a good experience. As I opened the door,to the resturant it was crowded and filled with undergrad college students. My first thought was to turn around and go some place else. I didn't want to weave through the crowd to get to the rear of the restaurant to order my food then have to search and find a seat in what seemed like a sea of "Go Bucks" aficionados. I am glad I stayed. The food was easy to select from the 5 foot tall floor menu or a decorative menu to pull from the posting at the counter. The line to order your food went very quickly and more importantly the SEATING was fairly comfortable and spacious enough to enjoy my dining experience. A modern atmosphere, has deli style counter seating has a single anchored stool with black vinyl seat padding for one person or a group, accompanied by a "bar-shelf " eating space that looks out into the parking lot and street passer-bys for quick in and out type of feedings. There were four separate types of seating arrangements. First, the counter seating, next the four (4) bistro styled chairs to a average sized table, then, a few tables were longer and sat 6 or more to a table for larger crowds. Lastly, down the middle of the restaurant two (2) wide armed modern seating spaces for one or two people with at table wide enough for two diners and are anchored on either side by the wide seated chair.


I was skeptical at first of the table and chairs that I chose and that was available. I sat at the 4 seat table with the small round vinyl padded Bistro chair with wooden frame, actually it was fairly comfortable but needed more 'back of the thigh space' like the space from the hip, back of thigh to knee area, could have been more, but for the 45mins I was there, it was OK.


IF you go... Tai's Asian Bistro a Yellow (YELLOW) light- meaning proceed with caution. If you are uncomfortable with the seating they do have Take Out or Take Away and enjoy in your most comfortable spot. The food is great! Atmosphere alluring and fun and up beat. It clears out and gets crowded quickly during high traffic times.

Future reviews, I will aim to try out all the seating for you to get a better feel of the seating at these public locations.

Enjoy!
MyVIPseat




0 comments:

Post a Comment